Get email health advice from our GPs.
NB. This service is NOT for making appointments - NOR for requesting prescriptions
A doctor’s appointment is not always necessary. Sometimes you might just want some simple health advice from our GPs.
If so, use eConsult to message our GPs who will then reply to you within one working day:
- eConsult is a secure online service
- use it to message us (or look up NHS health advice) at anytime - 24/7.
- For messages received during work hours – GPs aim to reply by email within one working day (8am to 6.30pm, Mon to Fri except bank holidays). Admin replies normally take up to 4 working days. If a reply within those timescales is not possible we will send an automatic email to advise you.
- Our registered patients can use the service as well as their family members, parents or carers acting on their behalf.
- You can choose any of the named GPs working that day (but a different GP may reply, depending on availability).
- eConsult also has a self-help option that searches NHS Choices for all info related to your chosen symptom or health topic.
- All the details you enter are protected by our GP-Patient confidentiality process and form part of your medical records.
- Every effort is made to ensure confidentiality of details transmitted over the internet, but as with any online service we cannot guarantee this.
- If you have any more questions before using the service, please ask at Reception.
If you have a health problem that can’t wait, phone the surgery as usual for a GP appointment. Or, if it is out of hours ring NHS 111, or in an emergency dial 999.