BEWARE Covid Vaccination Scams
We understand some patients have received scam emails/text messages asking them to follow a link and/or enter payment details in order to book a Covid Vaccination.
Please be aware - Covid Vaccines are free to all – you will NEVER be asked to pay.
Covid-19 Vaccinations – Find out when your jab is due
We’re working flat out with 5 other practices to roll out vaccinations to our patients as part of the phased national programme.
Click here to find out which phase you’re in
We’ll contact you when it’s your turn (please don’t call us, you won’t be forgotten).
All our vaccination plans are totally reliant on vaccine deliveries and logistical issues, so please bear with us.
Thank you for your patience. Our staff are working extremely hard on this and your support is truly appreciated.
Job vacancy: Full time Receptionist/ Administrator to work 5 days a week
|Monday||08.30 - 17.00|
|Tuesday||14.00 - 20.00|
|Wednesday||08.30 - 18.30|
|Thursday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Friday||08.30 - 17.00|
Knowledge of EMIS web, Microsoft applications and experience in a health care setting would be desirable but not essential as full training will be given. General Practice is a demanding and sometimes challenging role so the applicant must be flexible and able to cover holidays and sickness, possibly working until 8.00pm.
You will be working as part of the team on all aspects of the practices reception and administration duties.
Closing date: 31 January 2021
Interviews: 9 February 2021
Download Job Description
Download Application Form
For more information please contact
Wye Surgery’s Assistant Practice Manager
01233 884 585
Age 50-64? Book your Flu Vaccination Now
Our vaccines for patients age 50-64 have now arrived. If you are in this age group, please phone us now to book your Flu Vaccination. Thank you.
NHS Flu Vaccination Info
New Urgent Treatment Centres open in East Kent
Wye Surgery's Minor Injury Service closed on 31 October (along with those at other local GP practices and the rural weekend service at Hamstreet, Tenterden, Woodchurch and Charing surgeries), following a change in national NHS policy.
These services have been replaced by new GP-led, Urgent Treatment Centres (UTCs) across East Kent - including one at Ashford Hospital that’s open 24hrs a day, every day of the year including bank holidays.
Because UTCs offer such a comprehensive service, they aim to take the pressure off Hospital Emergency Depts, freeing them up to diagnose and treat acutely unwell patients and those with potentially life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
Find out more
Visit our UTC web page (for details of local UTCs)
NHS - About UTCs (watch the video)
NHS – When to visit an UTC
Changes to Dispensary opening hours
From Monday 5 Oct our Dispensary will open at the following times and closed from 1-2:
|Mon||9 - 1||2 - 5|
|Tues||9 - 1||2 - 7|
|Weds||9 - 1||2 - 5|
|Thurs||9 - 1||2 - 7|
|Fri||9 - 1||2 - 6|
Dates when closed for staff training
Our practice and dispensary will be closed at the following times:
- Weds 13 January – closed in the afternoon
- Weds 17 February – closed in the afternoon
If you need a doctor when we are closed and cannot wait until we reopen, please dial 111; or look for guidance on the NHS Website.
Important FLU CLINIC Info
Here are the latest details of our 2020 flu vaccination programme
- You will receive a letter inviting you to contact the practice on or after Thursday 10 September to book your flu vaccination (only those patients who have be written to will be booked in.)
- You will be offered an appointment between 21st and 25th September in the marquee at the rear of the practice.
Patients aged 50-64 years who are in an ‘at risk’ group for Covid-19 – AND – Patients aged 65 or over
- On Monday 14 Sept, you will receive a text invitation asking you to book a vaccination for Saturday 26 Sept at the practice (vaccinations for those aged 65+ will be done in the morning).
Patients aged 50-64 years who are NOT ‘at risk’
- We will text you details as soon as they become available
- It seems likely that the earliest flu vaccination for this group will be November – provided there is sufficient vaccine available to us.
When you come for vaccination, please be mindful of our Covid-19 Safety Measures and social distancing:
- Arrive promptly – do not come too early for your appointment
- Come into the surgery alone, unless you rely on assistance
- You will have your temperature taken on arrival – if it is too high you will be asked to go home and contact the Surgery the following week to re-arrange
- You must wear a face mask or face covering
- We will be operating a one-way system in the practice, please follow the signage and directions given by our staff.
Latest community health bulletin
View this latest bulletin in your browser
Wye Surgery is part of the Kent & Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (KMCCG), an NHS organisation that plans and buys healthcare services to meet the needs of our local population.
Ashford CCG - name change
Ashford Clinical Commissioning Gropu (ACCG) has now become Kent and Medway Comissioning Group (KMCCG). Find out more on their new website kentandmedwayccg.nhs.uk
'Medication Reminder' Mobile Phone App
A new phone app is now available to help you manage regular medications for yourself or someone you care for. It will remind you when to take medications and when to order repeat prescriptions.
Find out more and download the app
Text Message Appointment Reminders
Never forget another Wye Surgery appointment, simply join our FREE message reminder service.
Just ask at Reception – or phone us – or print off, fill in and return the form below to make sure we have all the details we need to remind you ahead of your future appointments.
Text Reminder Service Form.pdf
PLEASE SIGN UP
Over 12 million GP appointments are missed each year in the UK, costing the NHS more than £162 million per year - join our reminder service and be part of the solution.