A doctor’s appointment is not always necessary.
Sometimes you might just want some reliable health information, or some guidance by email from your GP. In which case, you can use askmyGP.
askmyGP is a secure online service – it’s the quickest and easiest way to get help by email from the GPs at Wye Surgery:
- Use askmyGP anytime - 24/7.
- We respond 8am to 6.30pm, Mon to Fri (except bank holidays).
- If you message us during working hours, you should expect a response within one working day.
- Registered patients can use the service as well as family members, parents or carers acting on their behalf
- You can choose any of the named GPs working that day (this is not guaranteed but we will do our best).
- The GP will respond to you by email.
- askmyGP also includes a self-help option that searches NHS Choices for all info related to your nominated subject.
- You can login now, without any paperwork.
- All the details you enter are protected by our GP-Patient confidentiality process and form part of your medical records.
- Every effort is made to ensure confidentiality of details transmitted over the internet, but as with any online service we cannot guarantee this.
- If you have any more questions before using the service, please ask at Reception.
If you have a health problem that can’t wait, phone the surgery as usual for a GP appointment. Or, if it is out of hours ring NHS 111, or in an emergency dial 999.