If you are a GP in East Kent you can refer patients to this NHS Consultant-led General Surgery Clinic, held at Wye Surgery. To do this, please download a General Surgery Referral form.
> Consultant in charge
> Where surgery is performed
> Benefits of using this service
> Referral criteria
> Referral process and follow-up
> Clinic information
> Contacts for further information
Consultant in charge
This NHS general surgery clinic is run by Mr Robert Heddle and his team.
Where surgery is performed
All operations or surgical procedures will be carried out under the NHS at one of the following hospitals:
- St Saviours Hospital, Hythe
- Chaucer Hospital, Canterbury.
Benefits of using this service
- Very short waiting times
- Free parking and easy disabled access at Wye Surgery
- Highly efficient service - 20 year track record with consistently high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Gall stones (confirmed by ultrasound)
- Hernia repair
- Rectal prolapse
- Hernia redo
- Anal fissure and fistula
- Lumps and bumps
- Sinuses or fistula repair
- Venous ulcers suitable for skin grafting
- Other investigations
- Other conditions requiring surgery or surgical procedures.
Referral process and follow-up
- When we receive your completed Referral Form we will allocate an appointment and send your patient a confirmation letter
- Our letter asks the patient to contact us to confirm they will keep the appointment
- After your patient has been seen, the consultant will send the referring GP a report/letter
- Follow up appointments and procedures will be booked directly by the consultant at the patient’s chosen hospital.
- Clinics are held on one Tuesday a month from 2-4pm
- Appointment length is 10 minutes
- Patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes early for their appointment. If a patient is late, they may not be seen.
Contacts for further information
Please call and speak to either Paula Newman or Maxine Bible on:
0844 387 8419 Ext 200