| || || |
How to refer
FOR CLINICIANS ONLY
You can refer to these
clinics from ANY
East Kent GP surgery.
Click the image below to
access referral forms for
Please print out and
complete your selected
form and either fax or
post it to us:
Kent TN25 5AY
Paula Newman or
0844 387 8419 Ext 200
Google map of our
If you are a GP in East Kent you can refer patients to this NHS Consultant-led Audiology Clinic, held at Wye Surgery. To do this, please download an Audiology Referral form.
> Consultant in charge
> Benefits of using this service
> Referral criteria
> Referral process and follow-up
> Clinic information
> Contacts for further information
Consultant in charge
This NHS audiology clinic is run by Mr Andrew James and his team.
Benefits of using this service
- Very short waiting times
- Entirely consultant-led
- One stop shop for hearing tests, assessments and hearing aid fittings
- Free parking and easy disabled access at Wye Surgery
- Domiciliary visits can be arranged to housebound patients
- Free batteries and maintenance on life tubes.
- Open to NHS patients age 18 or over, referred with hearing problems by GPs in the East Kent region
- This is a clinical service covering assessment, fitting and provision of hearing aids.
NB: For noise-induced hearing problems: the patient must be away from the noise source for 24 hours prior to appointment.
- Patients under 18
- Otalgia for up to 7 days within 3 months prior to appointment
- Non-wax ear discharge within 3 months prior to appointment
- Sudden hearing loss (requires immediate ENT opinion)
- Tinnitus and vertigo
- Patients under the age of 18 unless referred by a consultant
- If the patient has had a hearing aid fitted within the last 12 months.
Referral process and follow-up
- When we receive your completed Referral Form we will allocate an appointment and send your patient a confirmation letter
- Our letter asks the patient to contact us to confirm they will keep the appointment
- After your patient has been seen, the consultant will send the referring GP a report/letter
- Follow up appointments and procedures will be booked directly by the consultant at the patient’s chosen hospital.
- Held every Tuesday, 9am to 5pm
- Length of appointment is 45 minutes - this will include a hearing test and adjustment of current hearing aid or the provision of a new one
- Patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes early for their appointment. If a patient is late, they may not be seen
- Patients will receive 6 free batteries with each hearing aid issued and a ‘Battery record book’. (Batteries should last about three months, as each battery lasts 2-3 weeks)
- Free replacement batteries, life tubes and hearing aid servicing can also be obtained at Wye Surgery, for patients whose hearing aids were issued here (patients must produce their ‘Battery record book’ for this).
Contacts for further information
Please call and speak to either Paula Newman or Maxine Bible on:
0844 387 8419 Ext 200